EDUCATION CAN BE SUCH FUN!
Sunshine Riding is happy to work with our local schools to provide both horse riding and stable management courses which meet the National Curriculum Guidelines for PE (levels 1-4) as well as for Citizenship where the emphasis is on the value of volunteering, improving communities, managing risk and diversity.
We have worked with young people earning their Scouting Badges for Horse Riding as well as young adults completing their Duke of Edinburgh Awards. Work Study students are always welcome.
Sunshine has several programmes, each age and ability set. We welcome non-severely disabled pupils and any support workers they may have. Assistance Dogs are welcome and can be introduced to horses as and when necessary.
PLEASE BE AWARE THERE ARE
DOGS ON OUR YARD.
Ages 8 – 12 : Half & Half
We offer a programme that is split between riding and basic horse care. The pupil will learn the basics of riding — walk and trot, as well as how to groom the horse or pony. They will learn the different parts of the horse and tack. We provide a booklet for the children to colour in as a support to this learning. (1 hour – 1.25 hours, from £15 per pupil)
Ages 12- 16: Ride and Lead
This programme gives the young person the opportunity to learn the basics of riding as well as the basics of leading. The group will be split into pairs who work together both as rider and leader under the direct supervision of our qualified teachers. (1 hour – 1.5 hours, from £15 per pupil)
Ages 16+: Riding and Stable Management
This programme is built around lower end of the GCSE criteria. The student will learn grooming, tacking, riding and leading. The students are also introduced to basics of good stabling and field management. (1.5 hours – 2 hours, from £20 per student)
GCSEs & A-Levels
Sunshine is happy to provide riding tuition for Exams, but this does not come under the schools programme and must be booked with the office directly.
The Fine Print….
- Each programme lasts 6 weeks, but can roll over to a longer time.
- Each programme must have a minimum of 5 riders. We will take up to 10 students per session.
- You may book multiple sessions for your school.
- All sessions are paid for in advance as a block booking and are not refundable.
- We are happy to work with Aspergic and Mildly Autistic riders.
- We are happy to work with Hearing & Visually Impaired riders, but we are not skilled in Sign Language.
- Riders who have seizures must not have had one for 6 months prior to enrolment on the programme and have a Doctor’s certificate to participate (a requirement of our insurance).
- Sunshine has Risk Assessments and Liability Insurance available for your school’s information.
If you can’t make to the yard, but would like a talk or Assembly….
`Kimberly would be happy to come to your school, with or without a pony, to provide a talk or Assembly. Kimberly taught for 7 years in a secondary school and understands the demands of the National Curriculum for PSHE (KS1 & 2) and Citizenship (KS3). A hands on audio-visual presentation aimed to educate and capture the imaginations of pupils.