Not all activities are available every day. Children’s events are more likely to take place at weekends and in school holidays, but this is not guaranteed. All bookings are subject to availability. Group bookings are subject to the T&Cs published with the activity and may be withdrawn at any time. Some activities require a deposit which will usually be 50% unless otherwise stated.
Riding may be cancelled or the schedule altered in extreme weather , such as heavy rain, high wind, accumulated snow, and/or ice, for the safety of both the participants and horses. If you have any concerns about the weather, please call the venue on 01582 505040 before leaving home. We will try to contact you at least 45 minutes prior to your ride if we deem the weather to be unsuitable for your activity.
CANTER RIDES ARE SUBJECT TO BOTH THE WEATHER AND THE INSTRUCTING ESCORT’S JUDGEMENT AS TO THE SUITABILITY OF THE GROUND FOR CANTERING. SUNSHINE RIDING SCHOOL DOES NOT PROVIDE AND WILL NOT PROVIDE GALLOP RIDE.
Wear comfortable clothes (e.g. leggings, jodhpurs or track suit bottoms) with wellies or riding boots. All boots should a flat sole and a small heel no higher than 2 inches. Trainers and lace-up shoes are not allowed. You will not be allowed to ride if you do not have suitable footwear. Please dress for the weather. No strap tops in hot weather. Short or long sleeved tops only. The venue will provide a riding hat at no extra cost. If you provide your own hat, we will ask to check it to see if it meets the BS1384 Standard.
RELIGIOUS CLOTHING POLICY
We have no intention to discriminate against any person or their religion. We must follow what is the prescribed legal guidelines with regard to health and safety. Therefore, should your religion require you to cover your head in any manner, please try to use a thin material so that your riding hat will fit appropriately. Please wear your hair low upon your neck so that the hat can sit deeply upon your head. Please remember that you are going to sit astride the horse, so any long or flowing garments will not be appropriate as these can frighten the horse/pony and place you at risk of a fall. Long leggings under skirts are acceptable, shalwar kamzees are fine.
If you are Sikh, you will need to sign a waiver before you ride that clearly states you are accepting all risk of riding in a turban. You will not be allowed to ride without signing this waiver. This applies only to male members of the the Sikh religion ONLY.
Terms and Conditions on Vouchers
1. Vouchers can be pre-purchased from this web site to be used later or given as gifts – see our Gift Vouchers page. All vouchers are valid at Sunshine Riding for 120 days and they will state the activity bought not the price paid. You can pay by Paypal or credit card from this site.
2. Vouchers are available for children and adults, beginners or experienced riders in the following categories:
- Group lessons
- Private lessons
- Taster lessons
- Experience days
3. The vouchers will be sent to you within 7 working days and can be used by telephoning and booking a date for their use. When you buy you will choose which voucher you want and have to give the address you want them to be sent to. Vouchers can be personalised upon request. Vouchers will be despatched after paypal funds clear.
4. Bookings have to me made by telephoning 01582 505040. We can then confirm the time and the availability of an appropriate horse.
6. Sunshine Riding reserves the right to refuse to accept a booked rider if we believe it has health or safety issues for the rider or the horse. We will not compromise safety and the instructor’s decision is final. Height, Weight and Age restrictions apply to some actives.
7. Photography may be used on the premises. By entering the premises you hereby authorise Sunshine Riding School to use any footage for promotional and PR purposes, or on our website. You as customers may take photos but Sunshine Riding School cannot be held liable for the distribution of photos taken by you or others.